“Education is not the filling of a bucket but the lighting of a fire” – W. B. Yeats
At Harlington Upper School we offer three distinctive options to help our students to aim high and stretch their thinking:
- Talent Development Activities
- Pathways to University
- Gifted students Programme
Please see below for more information
Updates about events and activities will be communicated in the Weekly Bulletin.
For more information, please contact our Gifted, Talented & More Able Leader, Mr R Craze firstname.lastname@example.org
Pathways to University
Students who aspire to university – especially to high performing universities - will be encouraged to participate in the Pathway to University Programme.
- Opportunities will typically be related to open days, taster days, careers talks and action planning.
- Year 9: Christmas Science Lectures (Autumn Term); Visit to Oxford University (Summer Term).
- Year 10: Taster Days at the University of Oxford (Spring term) and Birmingham University (Summer Term), Aiming High talk by the University of Cambridge (Spring Term), Classics – How to Die Like a Roman and Other Stuff (Summer Term).
- Year 11: Investigating options: visit to University of Oxford (Autumn Term).
- Year 12: Sixth Form Studies Group (Fortnightly meeting throughout the year), University of Oxford Taster Day (Autumn Term), Oxbridge UCAS Applications Talk (Spring Term), various taster days and invitations to open days (throughout the year).
- Year 13: Support with UCAS applications (Autumn Term), academic mentoring (throughout the year).